- The enabling technologies (LC and MS/MS) see major improvements every year, while also the number of metaproteomics experts is growing, which will make metaproteomics measurements more broadly accessible on the near term.
- The nascent metaproteomics community has started to organize, and a first set of inter-lab comparison studies is under way to test and validate differing metaproteomics workflows, with the ultimate goal to consolidate and standardize some of the approaches.
- Metaproteomics wet labs and computational methods provide niw insights.
- Metaproteomics is a tool for the study of host-associated microorganisms.
Metaproteomics allows to characterize microbial communities and host-associated microbiomes on omicsbio level.
Dr. Heather Maughan
Dr. Lieven Gevaert, Bio-ir.
- 1.Pickard JM, Zeng MY, Caruso R, Núñez G. Gut microbiota: Role in pathogen colonization, immune responses, and inflammatory disease. Immunol Rev. 2017:70–89. pmid:28856738
- 2.Theriot CM, Koenigsknecht MJ, Carlson PE, Hatton GE, Nelson AM, Li B, et al. Antibiotic-induced shifts in the mouse gut microbiome and metabolome increase susceptibility to Clostridium difficile infection. Nat Commun. 2014;5. pmid:24445449
- 3.Zhou J, He Z, Yang Y, Deng Y, Tringe SG, Alvarez-Cohen L. High-throughput metagenomic technologies for complex microbial community analysis: Open and closed formats. MBio. 2015;6. pmid:25626903
Used reagents and protocols
- Gentaur Goat Anti human anibodies
- Gentaur Human Antibodies
- Gentaur Mouse Monoclonal Antibody Clones
- Gentaur Mouse Antibodies
- Gentaur Rabbit Polyclonal Antibodies
- Gentaur Rabbit Antibodies